Well I did it, please be proud of me! I finally made a blog. So many things have happened & I really don't want to start from the beginning because if you know me I have probably told you the important things. If you don't know me, I will start from the beginning of this year!
To start off, Adam & I are living in my parents house in Belen, NM. My parents are on a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. They are serving in Guadalajara, Mexico where they serve in the temple. Recently my Dad was just called as second counselor in the Mission Presidency! We send our congratulations & condolences and know that they are being blessed for their work! We are very proud of them!! So Belen, NM will be our home until Feb. 2011.
In March Adam & I finally went on our long deserved honeymoon! If you don't know the story about our "first honeymoon" where we almost died, leave us a comment and if we get enough requests I will fill you guys in on that story. Anyways, we went on a cruise to the Caribbean! It was amazing and we are already planning for our next one! We went to a bunch of different places such as Grand Turk, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and the Bahamas. We did awesome excursions, things I never thought I would do or want to do. We went clear glass kayaking, snorkeling, did zip lines & rappelling on our canopy tour and we went para sailing. However, the best part of the whole thing was the food! I still 
crave a 20 oz. rib
eye and lobster tail to this
day.
May was Adam's birthday and we had a nice break from school and work and went to Colorado to visit his sister and my sister. For Adam's birthday I surprised him and took him skydiving, since then that is all he talks about. He now wants to become a certified jumper and eventually open up his own skydiving place. The only clip I have is when he was landing and the instructor overshot the
landing a bit ... see for yourselves!
Now to explain the title of this blog post. Because my parents are on a mission we were living with my grandparents in Belen. It was great being with them and being able to spend such quality time with them. In June my Grandpa became very sick. In that month we had taken him to the hospital three different times. The last time he was there they diagnosed him with cancer and it had gone to the liver and his lungs. My Grandpa passed away on July 11th and we were able to be there when it happened. My heart is still full of sadness because of the many memories I had of him and also because he was my roommate for the last six months. However, he is in a better place with no pain and that brings my family and I comfort. Grandma has had a really hard time, for good reason too. They have been together for nearly 65 years. Today she has left to go to Logan Utah to spend time with her daughter and family. So now it is just Adam and I in this enormous house. I couldn't go with them because of the second part of my title, I am sickly! Adam says I have the flu, I tell him I have the swine flu. Either way I don't feel good. This wraps it up for the last six months! Goodbye!
I love you Gramps! 1920-2009
Don't forget to check out the videos above!!
Don't forget to check out the videos above!!



um yes, do tell the story about you almost dying on your first honeymoon. please.
ReplyDeleteThanks for starting a blog! We went on that same kayak trip in St. Thomas for our 5th anniversary. It was great! Cruises are awesome.
ReplyDeleteYou ROCK!!! Kuddos to you my dear for taking the blog plunge. You are offically a member now. Hopefully you'll do better than my quarterly blogging efforts on my own blog. Still love your sweet face and your cool blog. I love the background design. Rock on!
ReplyDeleteLove, Fawn
Very Nice Amleia I have tried and tried to do this and i just can't lol so it's facebook time haha
ReplyDeleteYAY! Im so glad you started a blog. It makes things easier for me. haha not that thats what it is for. well you can look at ours which I desperately need to update.
ReplyDeletejacobmagen.blogspot.com
Love ya girl and Im thinking of you
Great job on the blog. Keep it up. At the end of the year (or whenever) it is neat to publish your blog in a book on www.Blurb.com. I did that last year and the book is awesome!
ReplyDeleteIt has been 2 years since your last post I am not going to lie I am a little disappointed in the both of you.
ReplyDelete